Tuesday, June 17, 2014

General Updates!

Sup friends!

FIRST OF ALL HAPPY SUMMER! :) I've been on break for about two weeks and I'm loving it. I've already read two books (Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut and It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini) and am roughly three pages into Catch-22 by Joseph Heller. It mildly terrifies me, with its unjustly small print and mixed reviews from my peers (ranging from "impossible to get through" to "the most important book I've ever read.")

In other news...

Expect a June playlist EITHER sometime next week or like the last day of June. Not sure yet. Also, there quite possibly will be an album review of 'x' from Ed Sheeran, due out in the U.S. on Monday! I'm literally losing my mind waiting for it. To be honest, thus far I've felt pretty disappointed with the quality of singles coming off the album, but as we speak I'm listening to "Bloodstream" and the INSTANT it came on I was in love. It's exactly the kind of sophomore album maturation I was expecting from Sheeran, with a delightful but familiar veer into a more sophisticated direction. But I'll save most of my opinions for next week, when I get to hear the whole thing! :)

I've posted a new cover on my channel--I made my cover of "She Will Be Loved" by Maroon 5 public after I found out I got into Grammy camp (!). Here's a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtAhmmAjVhY

As usual, watch my other videos, like, subscribe, etc. Follow me on social media. LOVE ME!

*coughs*

But...yeah. If you have more book recommendations for me, let me know. After Catch-22, I plan to read The Virgin Suicides, The Kite Runner, Love in the Time of Cholera, The Bell Jar, and as much Vonnegut and Fitzgerald as I can get my hands on (because I think they are my two favorite authors right now). For reference, I'm into dystopias and anything with lyrical/emotional prose. Think a real-life An Imperial Affliction. ;) (Speaking of which...that movie destroyed me, although the 12-year-old girls in the theater screaming every time Ansel came onscreen sort of ruined things...)

That's all for now. If anyone reads this, leave a comment saying so! SO much love! I'm feeling magnanimous now that I am free from the shackles of compulsory education. Talk soon. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment