1 Music, Ink.: October Playlist

Labels

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

October Playlist

October Playlist

Hey there! Happy (almost) Halloween! October has been kind of a strange month. It feels like it's been October forever. On the plus side, I had my first performance midterm (which went AWESOME, I think!) AND I got to perform an acoustic, original set at Tommy's Place, which is a supercool USC venue - not only did I get to do my own stuff up there, but I was opening for some hella talented upperclassmen. Plus, you know, life happens; people coming in and out of your life, some opportunities fading into nothingness and others coming to the forefront...I know I'm on the precipice of change. It seems like just yesterday I was moving into this dorm, but I'm already for the next step. Am I crazy for thinking that? Or am I just finally growing up and learning to deal with all that life throws at me?

I'm probably crazy.

Anyway, here are the songs I couldn't stop playing this month. I hope you like them as much as I do :)

1. "That Hotel" - 3:14
ALBUM: That Hotel - Single
ARTIST: Donovan Woods

2. "Rylynn" - 5:14
ALBUM: Art of Motion
ARTIST: Andy McKee

3. "Traveling Song" - 3:14
ALBUM: The Fool
ARTIST: Ryn Weaver

4. "On the Way Home" - 3:57
ALBUM: Paradise Valley
ARTIST: John Mayer

5. "My Heart and the Headless" - 3:30
ALBUM: Uniform - EP
ARTIST: Jack Ingram

6. "Hello My Old Heart" - 4:16
ALBUM: The Oh Hellos - EP
ARTIST: The Oh Hellos

7. "One Sweet Love" - 4:21
ALBUM: Little Voice
ARTIST: Sara Bareilles

8. "Husks and Shells" - 3:44
ALBUM: Unmap
ARTIST: Volcano Choir

9. "When That Fever Takes a Hold On You" - 3:29
ALBUM: From the Wreckage
ARTIST: The Wind and The Wave

10. "Tiderays" - 4:57
ALBUM: Repave
ARTIST: Volcano Choir

11. "Circles" - 4:19
ALBUM: Beggars
ARTIST: Thrice

12. "Angeles" - 2:57
ALBUM: Either/Or
ARTIST: Elliott Smith

13. "Alone Together (feat. Marsha Ambrosius)" - 3:59
ALBUM: Alone Together - EP
ARTIST: Daley

14. "Eden" - 4:06
ALBUM: The Blessed Unrest
ARTIST: Sara Bareilles

15. "Love Is a Losing Game (Demo Version)" - 3:44
ALBUM: Back to Black: B-Sides
ARTIST: Amy Winehouse

16. "I'd Look Good on You" - 3:23
ALBUM: Labor of Love
ARTIST: Ernie Halter

17. "If I'm Unworthy" - 4:43
ALBUM: Heigh Ho
ARTIST: Blake Mills

18. "Boys & Girls" - 3:26
ALBUM: Boys & Girls
ARTIST: Alabama Shakes

Here are 18 cool tunes for you to close out this spooooooky month. Question: how are you supposed to tell how people really feel about you? It seems like in college, everybody - friends, romantic interests, collaborators - will be borderline obsessed with you one day only to have no interest in you the next. Maybe I'm just reading too much into things (as usual). Maybe I'm not reading ENOUGH into things (the greatest cinematic plot twist in history). Anyway, I hope you're having a decent year, no matter what stage of life you're in. Transitions are hard. But you get through them. And then you get whatever's on the other side, which is probably pretty cool.

Talk soon. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment