1 Music, Ink.: August Playlist

Labels

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

August Playlist

August Playlist

Hello again. August is entering its last week and so too is my summer (I start school in a week). So much happened this summer. June brought Vidcon, and with it performing in a wildly under-attended open mic, meeting a few of my favorite YouTubers (and missing out on many more to insane signing lines…), and observing, from afar, just how crazy fangirls can get. In July, I went to Grammy camp (in case you somehow didn't know, which of course you did) and I had the most educational, musical, unforgettable 10 days of my life so far. August I chilled, rehearsed for a show I'm doing this Friday with a good friend, and spent a weekend in Palm Springs to get ready for a jam-packed year of student government (yes, for some reason, my classmates elected me as one of four senior class officers. Still convinced it didn't really happen). And now it's all almost over. Summer 2014--and 2014 in general--has been very good to me. Come to think of it, this calendar year is more than half over, which means you can count on my ramblings about time and how it passes and how so much changes and so little stays the same. Especially now that college is a Thing that is Actually Happening (I may or may not have already written most of my applications). Whatever. This pre-playlist spiel has gone on too long. Enjoy 20 August tunes, many of which I stole from the Grammy camp Spotify playlist again. :)

1. "One Last Time" - 3:19
ALBUM: Dark Star - EP
ARTIST: Jaymes Young

2. "Human" - 3:31
ALBUM: If You Leave
ARTIST: Daughter

3. "Mexico" - 4:33
ALBUM: Wish I Was Here (Music from the Motion Picture)
ARTIST: Jump Little Children

4. "Shuck" - 2:09
ALBUM: Shrines
ARTIST: Purity Ring

5. "Gotta Get Thru This (Acoustic Version)" - 3:55
ALBUM: Gotta Get Thru This
ARTIST: Daniel Bedingfield

6. "Like I Can" - 2:47
ALBUM: In The Lonely Hour
ARTIST: Sam Smith

7. "Take Me to Church" - 4:01
ALBUM: Hozier
ARTIST: Hozier

8. "Runaway" - 3:25
ALBUM: x
ARTIST: Ed Sheeran

9. "Anna Sun" - 5:21
ALBUM: WALK THE MOON
ARTIST: Walk the Moon

10. "I Won't Say That I'm Okay" - 5:30
ALBUM: Aware
ARTIST: Front Porch Step

11. "Breathe In Breathe Out" - 3:42
ALBUM: Nothing Left to Lose
ARTIST: Mat Kearney

12. "Bright" - 3:40
ALBUM: Talking Dreams
ARTIST: Echosmith

13. "Dearly Departed (feat. Esmé Patterson)" - 3:32
ALBUM: And the War Came
ARTIST: Shakey Graves

14. "Teen Idle" - 4:14
ALBUM: Electra Heart
ARTIST: Marina and The Diamonds

15. "Never Let It Die" - 5:06
ALBUM: All You Can Do
ARTIST: Watsky

16. "I Just Dont Know What to Do With Myself" - 2:46
ALBUM: Elephant
ARTIST: The White Stripes

17. "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" - 3:22
ALBUM: In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
ARTIST: Neutral Milk Hotel

18. "Despair in the Departure Lounge" - 3:21
ALBUM: Who the F*** Are Arctic Monkeys?
ARTIST: Arctic Monkeys

19. "Satisfaction" - 4:54
ALBUM: Allen Stone
ARTIST: Allen Stone

20. "Smoke" - 4:52
ALBUM: Whatever and Ever Amen
ARTIST: Ben Folds Five

Also, must recommend another Shakey Graves song not available for purchase on iTunes (nor can I find it on Spotify). It's called "Georgia Moon," recommended to me by the same person who insisted I give Ben Folds a fair shake (if you've ever suggested music to me and it's ended up on my monthly playlist, THANK YOU). Here's a link to "Georgia Moon" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lhrJNRkfhE It's such a beautiful song. Check out the rest of the album too, if you have time.

Thanks for reading, if you bothered. Get ready for autumn, ladies and gentlemen. And after autumn, winter. And with winter, yet another year drawing to a close…

I need to stop getting so ahead of myself! For now, I will enjoy my last few days of summer and then, come senior year, keep slayin 'em. See ya soon. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment