1 Music, Ink.: January Playlist

Labels

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

January Playlist

January Playlist

So the glorious month of January is nearly over. My midterms are (blessedly) done, so tomorrow marks the start of a new semester (though admittedly not much changes). For me, that means it's time to start thinking a little more seriously about my future. In a week I start picking courses for my senior year, and I'm going to start making more legitimate college lists...! I have 3 more semesters of high school left, and I'm going to make them count.

In other news, my cover of "Pompeii" by Bastille (which you can find here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9eotfQsik0) has passed 6,000 views! I'm really excited about how well Google AdWords has been working for me, and with the response I've been getting via word-of-mouth. Please check it out if you haven't already, and spread the word! Plus, you can tweet it to Dan Smith (@BASTILLEdan) and get him to watch it, too!

For these last few days of January, please enjoy my monthly playlist!

1. "Dreams" - 3:16
ALBUM: Wet - EP
ARTIST: Wet

2. "Happy Ever After" - 3:22
ALBUM: Gravel and Wine
ARTIST: Gin Wigmore

3. "Change" - 3:18
ALBUM: The War Within - EP
ARTIST: Churchill

4. "Lonesome" - 3:18
ALBUM: Be the Void
ARTIST: Dr. Dog

5. "Riptide" - 3:22
ALBUM: God Loves You When You're Dancing - EP
ARTIST: Vance Joy

6. "The Mixed Tape" - 3:14
ALBUM: Everything In Transit
ARTIST: Jack's Mannequin

7. "Jesus Christ" - 5:18
ALBUM: The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me
ARTIST: Brand New

8. "Fail for You" - 4:16
ALBUM: Fail for You - EP
ARTIST: Luke Sital-Singh

9. "Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk" - 4:44
ALBUM: Poses
ARTIST: Rufus Wainright

10. "The Man" - 4:14
ALBUM: Lift Your Spirit
ARTIST: Aloe Blacc

11."Argonauts" - 5:21
ALBUM: Hospitality (Bonus Track Version)
ARTIST: Hospitality

12. "Last Lines" - 4:16
ALBUM: Last Lines - EP
ARTIST: AKW

That'll do it for my January playlist. I hope everybody's 2014 is off to a good start, that your midterms and finals went well, that your winter breaks were restful and festive. So far, my new year is living up to expectations; I'm happy and peaceful and I haven't felt much turbulence. Still, I remain prolific; this month I wrote twelve songs...the calendar might rotate but some things never change :) Love y'all, keep checking this thing (if anybody does at all) and good luck in February! Who knows? Maybe this year you'll have a Valentine (or way better than that, you'll go to the Imagine Dragons concert on February 14, to which I am forbidden from going...argh). See ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment